Standards and Accreditation for Telehealth Services improve the quality of patient-centric telehealth services worldwide.
SATS WG – Standards and Accreditation for Telehealth Services Working Group
Standards and Accreditation for Telehealth Services (SATS) Working Group will provide an environment where stakeholders (researchers, innovators, developers, companies, policy makers) can work together to create standards and associated frameworks to improve the quality of patient-centric telehealth services worldwide.
To provide a new foundation on the basis of which successful and sustainable telehealth services can be built – carrying the trust of clinicians, health, social care and support professionals and practitioners, service users as well as formal and informal carers.
To enable the exchange of knowledge and experience among stakeholders in relation to service quality, appropriate standards and/or codes of practice, certification and/or accreditation procedures and policies for Telehealth Services (THS).
• increased use of THS wherever applicable by clinicians, patients, professionals and other users
• evaluation of THS on regional, national, European and wider international levels
• appropriate standards to be used as normative documents
• the adoption of interoperability and open protocols
Stimulating innovative ideas and promoting initiatives for further development of THS.
Supporting interdisciplinary collaboration for improved remote healthcare provision and outcomes.
Supporting service approaches that respond flexibly to the needs and choices of users.
Advancing knowledge and skills in THS through dissemination of standards and good practice information.
Advocating for ethical use of THS.
ISfTeH Standards and Accreditation for Telehealth Services Working Group builds on:
• WHO –Global strategy for digital health 2020 – 2024
• EU Action plan for eHealth 2020
• ISO / TS 13131
• International codes of practice with patient – centric design